1) What does Helm Market Consulting (HMC) do?
Helm Market Consulting provides the following services to Entrepreneurs and businesses in order to help them grow and reach their objectives.
Small Business/SMMEs (Small, Medium and Micro-sized Enterprises)
New Business/Entrepreneur and Startup
Go-To Market strategies
Brand and Re-Branding Strategies
Re-Branding your business & corporate image
Advertising framework development
Social media strategies
Business Expansion Strategies
Business Plan Development
2) What makes HMC unique compared to other market and Strategy formulation businesses?
Helm Market Consulting integrates aspects of Psychology into its services. This means, we not only understand our client’s needs better but their bigger goals, visions and how best to help them achieve them holistically. It allows us to understand our client’s target market’s needs wants and their future buying patterns.
3) Can you really read people’s minds to predict future trends in the Consumer Market?
While we wish we could “mind read” our clients consumers to identify future trends in the consumer market, we actually analyze data collected on consumer behaviorism and buying patterns to help predict the direction consumers are likely to take in the future regarding their buying habits.
4) How does the process work, from start to finish?
Every client is unique to us, thus our approach is tailor made for each. Although there are a few general processes that are parts of every project. These normally include:
– Sending you a relevant questionnaire based on the service you require. (To understand your basic needs.)
– A consulting team will then be assigned to the project.
– An initial discussion will then take place to clarify your needs.
– We will then need to review information such as your mission statement, current business plan and financials.
– There will then be a follow-up discussion in order to further clarify the details including the reviewed materials from the previous process, also discussed will be the scope and fees for the project.
– The consulting team will then begin initial research and jobs will then be designated to various consulting team members.
– Further research is done by the team.
– The team then compiles research and findings and a draft is prepared.
– The draft outline is then presented to you for review.
– Feedback will then be taken based on your review of the draft and any minor changes or recommendations will then be added unto the final draft. Our team will then integrate more information (not found on the outline draft) and then produce a final draft.
– A research report will then be created by using the information found in the final draft. This research report will then be reviewed by our team before it is then sent to you.
– At this point you will have received all deliverables from us (research report/s or other documents etc.)
– We will continue to provide ongoing support to you with regard to questions based on the report at no additional charge.
5) How long does it usually take to complete a project?
Projects vary in scope and scale, although most projects can be completed in three to eight weeks.
This is wholly dependent on various factors such as the level of detail you have provided us, the level of your participation, the current consumer market as well as our current workload. Smaller or simpler projects with clients concluded successfully after just a few days, while others have taken longer due to their complexity.
6) How is a report delivered to my business?
Reports can be sent to your company digitally or you may request for hardcopies to be produced and sent to your company. Helm Market Consulting will then have them delivered to you by our contracted courier company for a fee. In the event that you would require a report to be presented to you face-to-face by a representative of HMC, prior arrangement must be made before a quotation is accepted. Being a company that services locally and internationally, our reports are usually sent digitally with an HMC representative presenting the report telephonically to a client’s representative.
7) What happens once the report/assessment has been delivered to you?
Once the final document has been delivered to you, we will still be available for follow up questions and support at no additional cost.
8) How do you work out the fees and pricing of your services?
At HMC our fees are based on numerous factors that influence the way we do our work. These are namely:
– The complexity of your specific needs.
– The clarity of the information you have provided us.
– Your availability and willingness to assist during the process.
– The complexity of the industry your company is based in.
– The complexity involved in gathering research based on your industry and consumer market.
– If you require a project to be completed urgently (one to three weeks), this will result in a substantially higher fee as we will need to accommodate you depending on our workload.
Considering all of the above factors, projects could cost between a few thousand Rand to hundreds of thousands of Rand.
9) Are you worth the money?
Yes, we think we are and here are a few reasons why you should think so to.
Time is money
We at HMC know that time is money. All of our services at HMC are designed to help our clients save time, thus, save money. If a business went out and did its own market research, it could take up to 300 man hours. If a business designed its own strategies such as Brand strategy or a market assessment, the effort and time needed would be over 120 man hours. ( Excluding identifying of target market). If a business had to create its own communication framework and plan as well as implement these services, the amounts could go to hundreds of thousands of Rand and 80 hours+ of man hours. Knowing this, we think we can help you see how beneficial our services are to you.
In depth knowledge of the South African market
South Africa is a unique country. In fact, it’s probably one of the most diverse and most complex countries in the whole world with regard to consumer behaviorism. Getting the right information in the hands of your target market in South Africa is a hard task to do and this is where we come in. Helm Market Consulting has a deep knowledge of the people in this country. Apart from our databases containing a wealth of information on various people from different walks of life in South Africa, our consulting teams are also very diverse and knowledgeable of the people, their cultures and their traditions that make up the melting pot of South Africa.
Various data gathering processes
Helm Market Consulting has various methods of gathering its data. We pride ourselves on having multiple databases pertaining to various important information our clients may find valuable. However, we also engage in “ground work” when gathering new data for our clients. Research can be collected by testing a focus group related to your field or even personal Interviews. We also gather research digitally by conducing internet polls and internet surveys. Of course we also review the current literature found by credible sources such as science journals etc. basically, unlike our competitors, we strive to make our research/data gathering process an interdisciplinary process, triangulating the best data and then compiling it for our various team members to disseminate it into data that helps you further your aims and objectives.
Uniqueness of Specialization in Psychology
Other companies may brag about having “market know how” to help you achieve your goals, the question is, however, is that enough for today’s changing and globalized, fast paced world? Helm Market Consulting’s teams offer a highly valued and unique skill to add to their toolset that sets us apart from our competitors, that is namely our unique proposition of understanding the mind. Our consultant’s knowledge and qualifications in Psychology helps them forecast trends, buying patterns and offer direction in which consumers are moving to by combining not just raw numbers and charts but insight derived from the understanding of the mind.
At HMC we take pride in our professionalism that can be seen in every facet of our business. Be it our premises, website, social media accounts or the work and research that we do and conduct. At HMC we are aware that professionalism cannot merely be learnt, it needs to be groomed, rehearsed and practiced day by day until it is ingrained into the mind. Our stringent checks and overseeing of our project leaders ensure that the work being done meets the professional expectations of our clients expects from us and our brand. All Project leaders perform a quality assurance check on every project done by HMC, ensuring our professional image stays intact.
Ongoing support of your project
Unlike our competitors, our business relationship does not come to an abrupt end the moment you receive your reports and data from us. Our support continues to be of assistance by being available to answer all your questions pertaining to the reports and documents after we have sent them to you. Not only that, it’s at no additional charge.
Our teams at HMC consist of highly capable Strategic Thinkers, with that being said, our clients can rest assured knowing that every report is delivered to them with in depth insight and knowledge from the Business and Psychology fields. Our Strategic Thinkers at HMC make every effort to provide you with the same exceptional quality work that matches our professionalism.
10) Do you have a refund policy?
Yes, we do have a refund policy; however, your initial payment is non-refundable. This is because we would already have allocated resources and time to your project; we may have also turned away other clients in preparation for the period we have allocated for you. However, subsequent payments are treated as a pro rata refund if you wish to terminate the project before the time of the subsequent payment. For example, this means if you are required to make three payments for your project, each covering ten hours of work and if you wish to terminate the project at the fifteenth hour of work, then you will be entitled to a refund of the five hours of work that we did not earn as the initial payment covers the first ten hours of work.
11) Will a non-disclosure agreement be signed?
We will be happy to sign a Bilateral NDA with our clients in order to protect the confidential information of both parties.
12) Where is your business headquartered, and how do you work with clients outside of your area?
HMC is headquartered in Pretoria, South Africa, but being an online focused business, we rely on tools such as email, Skype and the telephone. This means we are actively ready to be of service to both local and international clients. AS a modern 21st century business, most of our work can be done digitally. In fact, we haven’t physically met half our clients. We are also available for support on most popular social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
13) How can HMC help our business?
HMC is a strategy formulation and market research firm. Our focus is therefore concentrated on the development of strategies for your business, developing marketing frameworks and gathering market research data to help determine through trend forecasting the buying patterns of your customers. Feel free to contact us via social media or email us at Info@HelmMarketConsulting.co.za and our customer care will get back to you as soon as possible!
14) What are your qualifications?
Our team is made up of highly qualified and ambitious personnel. Their qualifications span from Post Graduate Psychological Degrees to Degrees in various aspects in Communication and Graphic Design. This allows them to not only interpret and read the market from a psychologically analytical viewpoint but to also adapt the gathered data and turn it into effective business solutions for your company. For more information click here.
15) Do you have any references to show us?
We will be glad to provide you with references of our past clients if they have allowed us to reference them. Please note references will only be given to clients who we deem are serious about an enquiry in other to help protect our past clients confidentiality.
16) What are your operating hours?
We are open from:
Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
17) Do you only operate in South Africa?
No, being an online focused and modern 21st century business, most of our work and correspondence can be transmitted digitally and over the internet to clients all over the world. Presenting of reports can be done face-to-face or telephonically through a representative of your company.
18) What forms of data gathering methods do you use?
We use a variety of research methods and data gathering techniques. These range from primitive to technologically advanced methods in order to get a wide scope of information from people of various walks of life in order to satisfy our clients’ needs for their business or products. A few of the methods we use are:
– Focus Groups
– Personal Interviews
– Internet Polls
– Mail Surveys
– Email Surveys
– Internet Surveys
– Existing databases
– Census, reports and stats
– Existing Literature
19) How up-to-date are your databases?
We try to keep our databases as up to date as possible. We are constantly updating it based on research gathered from data collected locally and internationally.
20) What social media platforms are you on?
21) Can I message HMC any questions on Social Media?
Yes and in many instances it may be one of the fastest ways to receive a response from HMC; however you can also send inquiries to Info@HelmMarketConsulting.co.za
22) What are your banking details?
Account Name: HELM MARKET CONSULTING (PTY) LTD
Branch Code: 632005
Account Number: 4090474340
Please add your invoice number as the reference when making payment.
23) I am based outside of South Africa, how can I make use of HMC?
We have exclusive services that we provide for our international clients, such as providing valuable information and advice for businesses wishing to expand into South Africa. For more information, click here
24) Do you support any charities or causes?
We do support South African based charities. (For more information read our “About Us” section by clicking here)
25) Are you currently hiring?
Helm Market Consulting does not have any permanent job openings at this time, but we are looking for freelance professionals who are willing to work part-time and who are skilled in the fields of Communication, Psychology and Graphic design. For more information, please email email@example.com for more info
26) What is the origin and meaning of Helm Market Consulting’s name?
We chose the name “Helm” for a multitude of reasons. The most obvious one would be the idiom “Take the helm” meaning to take charge. Another meaning to the name is that “Helm” is in fact the shortened name for the word helmet (armor or protection of the head). This is shown by the armored knight in our logo. The less obvious meaning hidden in our name is the heavy psychological aspect that we attribute to all of the services we offer. So in this instance, helm refers to the head or mind of our clients and their customers.